Sunday, September 14, 2014

American Idol and A Fundraising Webpage

I got to meet Lynne Cox yesterday!!!



She is one of my biggest idols and it was so amazing to talk to her the other day. She was one of the kindest people that I have ever met. Lynne gave me great training tips and we were able to talk about my past channel experience. It can be hard to relive that for me, because it was frustrating to be told that I couldn't finish due to safety reasons. But as Lynne so wisely reminded me, safety is very important and she assured me that the pilot that I am working with is the best and wouldn't have pulled me out of the water if it wasn't the right call. Always a good reminder and helps me to keep things in perspective!


Also friends- My fundraising page is a go!! I will be using GoFundMe, for ease of payment and use of a straightforward online platform. If you would prefer to give me money in other ways ie: either via my paypal account or by mailing me a check, don't hesitate to contact me. Here is my GoFundMe link http://www.gofundme.com/bx2rv8?utm_medium=wdgt or you can just click the button on the top left of my blog. There is some more information on my webpage about what I am fundraising for..so check that out. I am working on making tshirts (hand screen-printed) that I will be selling as a fundraiser. I made some the last time around and a lot of people really loved them and even wore them on the day of my swim so stayed tuned for that! For now though, don't be shy about donating!!



Lots of fishy love,
Delia

No comments:

Post a Comment